- Este tópico está vazio.
novembro 8, 2020 às 9:31 pm #2879Christine CaseyConvidado
by Herodotus, Aubrey de Sélincourt, John M. Marincola
- Places: Cappadocia, Lydia, Halys River
- Characters: Leonidas, Xerxes I of Persia, Themistocles, Thales of Miletus, Cyrus the Great
- Language: english
- Author: Herodotus, Aubrey de Sélincourt, John M. Marincola
- Format: paperback, 716 pages
- ISBN: 9780140449082 (0140449086)
- Genres: history, classics, greece, ancient, historical, literature, philosophy, school
- Release date: January 30, 2003
- Publisher: Penguin Books
About The Book
One of the masterpieces of classical literature, the “Histories” describes how a small and quarrelsome band of Greek city states united to repel the might of the Persian empire. But while this epic struggle forms the core of his work, Herodotus’ natural curiosity frequently gives rise to colorful digressions — a description of the natural wonders of Egypt; an account of European lake-dwellers; and far-fetched accounts of dog-headed men and gold-digging ants. With its kaleidoscopic blend of fact and legend, the “Histories” offers a compelling Greek view of the world of the fifth century BC.
Paperback ebook The Histories download on iOS on Books-a-Million. FictionBook The Histories by Herodotus. EPUB book The Histories Herodotus read online on Booktopia. PDF ebook The Histories buy cheap iPad.