- Este tópico está vazio.
novembro 9, 2020 às 2:49 pm #2964Hilda BurreseConvidado
Charles and Emma
The Darwins’ Leap of Faith
by Deborah Heiligman
- Genres: biography, science, history, historical, teen, religion, romance
- Characters: Charles Darwin, Emma Darwin
- Awards: Michael L. Printz Award Nominee (2010), National Book Award Finalist for Young People’s Literature (2009), YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction (2010)
- Release date: December 23, 2008
- Author: Deborah Heiligman
- Publisher: Henry Holt & Company
- ISBN: 9780805087215 (0805087214)
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 268 pages
About The Book
Charles Darwin published The Origin of Species, his revolutionary tract on evolution and the fundamental ideas involved, in 1859. Nearly 150 years later, the theory of evolution continues to create tension between the scientific and religious communities. Challenges about teaching the theory of evolution in schools occur annually all over the country. This same debate raged within Darwin himself, and played an important part in his marriage: his wife, Emma, was quite religious, and her faith gave Charles a lot to think about as he worked on a theory that continues to spark intense debates.
Deborah Heiligman’s new biography of Charles Darwin is a thought-provoking account of the man behind evolutionary theory: how his personal life affected his work and vice versa. The end result is an engaging exploration of history, science, and religion for young readers.
Charles and Emma is a 2009 National Book Award Finalist for Young People’s Literature.
MOBI ebook Charles and Emma download for PC. FictionBook Charles and Emma by Deborah Heiligman on Books-a-Million. Paperback book Charles and Emma Deborah Heiligman read on Kobo. Hardback book Charles and Emma buy on iPhone. EPUB ebook Charles and Emma PocketBook.
MP3 Charles and Emma by Deborah Heiligman buy cheap on Amazon. TXT book Charles and Emma Deborah Heiligman download for reader on Walmart. Online Charles and Emma read online. PDF ebook Charles and Emma Deborah Heiligman download on Dymocks. Hardcover ebook Charles and Emma read on iOS.